Pumpkin for Happy Bellies
Pumpkin season is almost here, and it means more than tasty lattes and pumpkin treats. At Weruva it means fewer toots and more happy poops, thanks to pumpkin! We’re excited to introduce two new Pumpkin Patch Up! recipes so read on for more pumpkin fun!
Pumpkin Patch Up! Pouches are supplemental food toppers, mixins, or are perfect for frozen treats that are great sources of healthy soluble and insoluble fibers, which support pets’ digestive systems. These new recipes feature a base of puréed pumpkin with add-ins of coconut oil, flaxseeds, ginger, and turmeric.
Why Pumpkin for Cats & Dogs?
You may already be aware that pumpkin is a great aid when your pet has a digestive issue but did you know why? Pumpkin contains both soluble and insoluble fiber — what does that mean exactly? To put it simply, it helps to maintain the consistency of your pet’s stool and help keep them “regular”. Feeding a diet that includes pumpkin can help maintain your pets’ digestive system balance. If you have a pet with a sensitive stomach, loose stool or constipation, pumpkin is a great addition to their diet.
Other Great Pumpkin Benefits
Pumpkin can be beneficial with digestive issues, but did you know there are many other benefits?
- Loaded with vitamins – Pumpkins are loaded with vitamins, like Vitamin A and Vitamin D. They even have more potassium than bananas! Remember that next time your potassium needs a boost!
- Weight control – Pumpkin takes up a lot of space in the tummy which will give a pet the sense of being full.
- Hairballs – By helping the digestive system work better it will ultimately make it easier for hairballs to pass through the digestive tract.
- Low Glycemic Index and Glycemic Load – Great for blood sugar issues, especially with senior pets.
- Pumpkin Purée (same recipe, new look!)
- Pumpkin to the rescue! A Healthy tummy is a Happy Tummy!
- Pumpkin + Coconut and Flaxseeds
- Support for a healthy gut + healthy fats!
- Those healthy and fabulous Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids from coconut oil and flaxseeds help support healthy skin & coat.
- Pumpkin + Ginger and Turmeric
- Support for a healthy gut + antioxidants!
- Ginger and turmeric help calm tummies and reduce inflammation.
- 2 Pouch Sizes! – 1.05 and 2.8 oz
- Available to Purchase at Your Local Retailer and On-Line now!
Looking for a fun treat for your pet? Pumpkin Patch Up! is great as a frozen treat, in a tasty “pupachino“, or added to “pupkin” Ice cream. Enjoy more pumpkin and happier tummies.